Moon in Fire Signs: Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius – Part 2

©May 2011 by Fabienne Lopez

Moon in Aries is impatient and independentImpatience and independence are inherently intertwined with a Moon in Aries placement. Now is the only time available! Needs and wants take precedence over any other issue and are often followed by immediate action, to fulfill this desire.

In the minds of these natives, there no difference between the two, because what they want is so intense that it becomes an absolute need.

The downside of this characteristic is two-fold. One, they go through numerous desires, some of which have short-life cycles before another brighter, shinier thing catches their attention. The second and more important consequence is a lack of concern for someone else needs. This placement can become so embroiled in her own satisfaction, she forgets to consider other people. In this regard, an Aries moon is selfish, and self-centered.

The moon in Aries displays a temperamental nature; hot, passionate alive and bossy on the one side, a dreadful temper, prone to fits of anger, on the other.  However, her flare-ups never last, and are gone as soon as they had a chance to vent. Thus, they experience numerous emotional ups and downs.

Their partner often appreciates their honesty and bluntness. They always know where they stand. No guessing is needed.

Another advantage, people with Moon in Aries rarely sulk, or use manipulative tactics to achieve their goals.

Moon in Leo is warm-hearted and full of joie-de-vivrePositive, filled with joie-de-vivre, expansive are some of the epithets used to describe Moon in Leo. Their strongest characteristic is the need to express their individuality, via an exuberant sense of drama that follows them wherever they go.

Romantic at heart, they love a gourmet dinner by candle light, stroll under the full Moon and sample every possible pleasure. Their goal is to enjoy life to its fullest. This is the sybaritic sign who always opt for what is grand, glamorous and beautiful and loves to entertain in a grandiose scale. Thus, this placement’s popularity at parties.

Pleasure-loving, prideful, generous, magnanimous, Moon in Leo people exhibits an enormous ambitious; they want to be the center of attention amidst their friends and family, preferably in the comfort of their own house.

A relationship with a Lunar Leo is a heart-warming experience, in addition to being a bossy one. They like to control the lives of those who are part of their inner circle by setting wrongs right, healing any hurts and dispensing justice.

Moon in Leo depends heavily on others for love, admiration, praise and a sense of well-being. A slight, a lie, a forgotten promise can sour the relationship and bring out their tendency to sulk and pout. To ignore them is akin to murder and result in big emotional displays, ripe with splashy scenes, loud accusations, and dramatic gestures.

Moon in Sagittarius is outdoorsy and eager to explore the worldLunar Sagittarians require freedom, personal space and a taste of adventure to feel nurtured, safe, and protected.

They are most happy and easygoing when learning from others, sharing their knowledge, meeting new and interesting people and traveling.

Moon in Sagittarius displays a keen sense of hope, a propensity for idealistic dreams, and an unending curiosity coupled with a restless mind.

Similar to the other fire moons, they abhor being caught in routine and trapped by repetitive patterns. Like Aries and Leo, the moon in Sagittarius can be quite oblivious to the needs of others and, often times, respond to conflict by ignoring or trying to lighten them up.

To keep their upbeat and cheerful optimism, they are always on the go, exploring every corner of the world. However, they never plan ahead of time, certain everything will turn out for the better, which gives them quite a bit of gregariousness.

Please Subscribe. If you’re new here I hope you’ll like what you see and take a moment to get free email updates.

This entry was posted in Astrology, The 4 Elements and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Moon in Fire Signs: Aries, Leo, and Sagittarius – Part 2

1. Mimi says:

oh interesting. It was my son with moon in capricorn that didn’t come close to your description. I have a well aspected balsamic moon in Sag and I don’t quite fit here. Not saying that your take is wrong, but my moon must not be as “free” as you describe it.

this part really resounded with me though:

I am really enjoying your series.

Hi Mimi:

I am glad you are enjoying the series. As for your son’s moon, without seeing the chart it is impossible to understand what is hampering the expression of the moon. It might be the house placement (12th house?), planets conjunct the moon, like Saturn, aspects the moon makes, etc…The descriptions are just broad strokes of the most obvious traits by sign, not everyone will display them all, or sometime, it is so subtle, it hard to attribute the expression to the characteristics. The chart should always be looked in context as well as any planets in it to possibly understand the individual.

• mimi says:

oh, yeah, I understand that a person’s whole self depends on all the planets, houses, aspects. I was just so surprised that the “NORMAL” for the capricorn moon was so different from what my dear son is like. And to know that deep down inside of him he HAS these traits, qualities, feelings must make it even tougher for him.

Hi Mimi:

Yes, the hidden pearls are the ones worth discovering and enjoying. However, with Saturn it takes time, perseverance and patience. Eventually with get there. But it helps knowing where we are going. Therefore, if you son is clear on the qualities of Moon in Capricorn, he can consciously develop them over time.

2. AstroFix says:

Ho hum, what can I say? Moon in Leo here.

Big emphasis on “gourmet”, “glamorous” and “bossy.” :D

Hey Astrofix:

I am familiar with “gourmet, glamorous and bossy”, especially the gourmet and bossy side, having had may Leo’s in my life, starting with my father. He never was able to stick to a shopping list when we went grocery shopping. He was the one, you sent buy a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread and he would come back with two carts of gourmet stuff, and eating out was one of his favorites activities.

3. paloma says:

I know a friend who has moon in aries but has virgo sun & mars so i think that must temper him somewhat as he doesn’t seem to be so emotionally erratic but he surely is self-centered! Does earth Sun help temper this tendency or maybe i just don’t know him enough?

Hi Paloma:
      Yes, it does. It also depends on the rest of the chart. How much fire he does have, what is the condition of the moon, the house it occupies, etc… As I said to Mimi, what I described are general characteristics, and are not going to be expressed at the same time or in the same way. To understand something a look at the whole chart is necessary.

moon in Sag here….love to travel and socialize with the locals when I do :) Love ethnic food and music too!

5. Les says:

Moon in Leo here, too, conjunct my Ascendant and Uranus from the 12th. Oh I do hate being ignored (unless of course I’m trying to be invisible)! I’ve been having some work issues with feeling unappreciated, and have been stewing about being ignored by a friend. :-) I have heard about this “bossy” thing, but I’m not at all – might be the Uranus that’s more live and let live, or the trine from Saturn (in Sag, cusp of 5th), or the fact that my Moon’s ruler, the Sun, is in Virgo square that Saturn and squelching the Moon’s confidence and joie de vivre a bit. Plus my Moon’s opposed by Chiron, sigh. I’m working on making that Moon a little more fulfilled, ‘cuz when she’s happy it’s a wonderful thing!

Les,
      In addition to the aspects you mentioned, the simple fact that you Moon is in the 12th house plays a factor. This is the house that sort of “hides” any planets located in that house, making it more subdued.

6. Les says:

Oh, actually my Moon is in my 1st at 18 Leo conjunct my Ascendant at 17 – it’s Uranus that’s in the 12th at 14. Sorry I didn’t write that in a clear way. My Moon is right out there! But my progressed Moon is moving through the 12th now (still in Cancer) – not fun.

Hey Les:

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, it does change things a bit and Saturn. But keep squaring Sun does not help. The only thing I can say is to keep working in your Moon and make her happy, maybe by using the qualities of your progressed Moon in Cancer.