Saturn in Libra Opposite Aries: The ” I am” Blues Transit

Saturn devouring its children

Saturn in Libra opposite Sun in Aries

© December 2010 by Fabienne Lopez

This post is dedicated to all Aries people (sun, ascendant or moon) who are experiencing the opposition from Saturn in Libra.

Low energy.  Feelings of being drained.  Feelings of Loss.  Apathy. Sadness. Discouragement.  Tendency to look on the dark side. Brooding. Depression.  Negativity.  Fine-tuning your life and goals.  Loss of goals. Soul-searching period. Making hard changes. Low vitality. Lack of self-confidence. Lack of self-esteem. Low point in life.

One step forward, three steps backwards. Frustration. Lack of enjoyment. Personal ambitions thwarted. Testing your determination.

Restriction of freedom. Restriction of expression. Tendency to overwork. Adversities. Physically tired. Feeling old.  Feeling stuck. Sense of world-weariness. People blocking your efforts. Setbacks. Sense of failure. Disappointments. Obstacles, trials and tribulations. Jumping through hurdles. No feelings of joy in accomplishments. No immediate results. Feelings of inadequacy. Skewed perspectives.

End of a cycle. Beginning of a new cycle. Lessons in maturity. Structure-breaking period.  Disillusioned with people, achievements,  yourself. Feelings of being disgusted with personality. Feelings of isolation. Feelings of loneliness.  Feelings of resentment.   Feeling blocked. No ego boosts. Limiting self-expression. Financial, social and emotional tightening.  Relationships break-ups. Sedated life. Curbing your enthusiasm. Lack of bounciness.

Steady and slow approach to life.  Doing the right thing. No pushing of solutions. Need to find balance in life. Working on self-improvement. Later rewards. Need to find creative solutions to conflicts, tensions and stress. Leaning to avoid unnecessary conflict. Working on strengthening foundations. Understanding and defining your relationships. Need to compromise. Examining your needs in relationships.  Quality over quantity in relationships. Maturation process. Making life easier, simpler.

Tell me what you’re thinking…

Please Subscribe

Thanks for visiting and thanks for being part of Astrology Unboxed.

Let’s succeed together!

If you’re new here I hope you’ll like what you see and take a moment to get free email updates.

I’d love it if you take a moment to add this to Stumble, Digg or Delicious because that will help me get more readers. Thank you! I appreciate it.

This entry was posted in Astrology, Astrology In Real Life and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Saturn in Libra Opposite Aries: The ” I am” Blues Transit

1. I think I’m feeling pretty much all of the above.
    Saturn opposes the following in my natal 9th house whilst he’s in Libra – Venus, MC, Saturn, North Node, Mercury. And then will come the opposition to my natal Sun as it moves into Scorpio. Oh boy this Saturn opposition business is going to be fun!

• Fabienne says:

Hi Leah:
      Thank you for sharing. It’s good to know that I am not the only feeling like that. I hear you. When Saturn is making a contact to a personal planet it can really be a difficult time. One of the things that helps is to keep in mind that this transit shall pass. Naturopathy and flower essence have provided some relief.
      But I must confess it has been hard. And as soon, Saturn stops hitting my Sun, it will focus on my Moon, Venus and Saturn, triggering my natal t-square. Can hardly wait.
      Take care.

2. Twilight says:

I have Saturn at 12.55 Aries and Moon at 24.40 so in line for a double-whammy.
    Just during the last few days I’ve had that “dark cloud hanging over me” feeling. No reason in particular. Thanks for reminding me that Old Saturn is doing his rounds in an area that might well account for it.

• Fabienne says:

Thanks Twilight. Glad it helped as a reminder. When I wrote the post it was more to take it off my chest than anything else. The Saturn in Libra transit is going to be tough all the way through for all those with planets in Aries. And sometimes venting is good.

Great post, Fabienne, being Aries as well I even have the priviledge of now living for the second time in my life, somewhat consciously, a Saturn transit in my opposite sign. There was a first transit, but I then was a small boy, tall for my age (AS Sagittarius) but otherwise a child.

Looking back at the second transit (I happen to have kept a diary during those years, Sept. 1980 to Dec. 1982) much of what you say is factually confirmed. Especially the re-focusing, new cycle part. Would only add that any Aries need not really fret Saturn in Libra. He is very much at ease in that noble air-sign and in principle a helpful mental discipline, especially for “headless Aries”.

• Fabienne says:

Hi Gian Paul:

I remember those years! :) Fresh out of school and on to a life as a college student. Discovering who I was and what I wanted to do with myself. Those were certainly interesting years! Looking back I remember now experiencing similar feeling as with this transit. Thanks for reminding me of the benefits of Saturn in Libra and how much good it can do for us “headless” Aries.

4. Kerrie says:

This is a very interesting post – your description is spot-on. I have Saturn in Aries in the 6th square Sun/Venus in Cancer in the 9th. You guys are lucky – the transit passes…

• Fabienne says:

Hi Kerrie:
      Thanks for your comment. Yes, transits do pass. But in the meantime, they can be a hell! I can understand your Cancer point of view as this transit is also affecting my Mars in Cancer. So I can relate.

The Saturn in Libra transit has affected me big time. I have suffered a lot of losses in the past year. Several friends and an aunt have passed on; recently I lost my beloved cat (11 days before his 13th birthday). It’s squaring my Cancer planets and Aries ascendant, and will be returning to its natal place soon. Hopefully, I will survive this transit in one piece! I have been spending time re-evaluating and redefining myself in the hope that once Saturn leaves Libra, I can move on to better things :)

I hear you. I also lost a great deal with this Saturn transit and I wish for it to be over. But it would be a case of jumping from the fire to the frying pan. I still have to go through Saturn conjunct my moon in Libra and then my Neptune in Scorpio. I am still poundering the lessons of Saturn. They have been hard ones on relationships and establishing boundaries, but I will only know when a new relationships comes my way, which I am not looking for.