© August 2010 by Fabienne Lopez
Creative people know the importance of seducing their Muse. In astrology, that creative principle is represented by Venus, as explained in my previous article. It is the Muse that keeps us inspired. So, instead of waiting for her to seduce us, why not take the initiative?
Pick one of these ways to seduce your muse, and watch your creativity blossom.
1. Take luxurious naps.
2. Walk in nature and romantically call out the name of your Muse.
3. Read poetry of Rumi, Byron, and Baudelaire aloud until you feel drunk on beauty.
4. Play moody singers like Leonard Cohen, Frank Sinatra, Chopin or Jazz.
5. Watch foreign movies with the subtitles and sound turned off. Make up your own dialogue and emotions.
6. Paint, draw or sculpt your muse.
7. Eat a meal of only one thing but of the highest quality, preferably with your fingers.
8. Lie in a beach and divine your future by the shapes of the waves.
9. Read aloud love letters.
10. Listen to silence in a quiet corner of nature.
11. Sit as close to the orchestra as possible at a noisy Mahler or Beethoven concert. Close your eyes and imagine the music is the only reality. Let you mind suggest images or a story.
12. Dance slow music with a partner.
13. Give or have a massage using a soft, plush object.
14. Create an altar for your Muse. Decorate it with flowers, candles, incense, beads.
15. Write a love letter to your Muse.
Suggest other ways to seduce your muse. I’d love to hear them!
If you liked this post, consider subscribing!
Photos credits: Flickr Creative Commons