© November19, 2009 by Fabienne Lopez
Those who know me are aware that I am a shoe fanatic. I get teased regularly about it, because nothing in my persona would lend to this secret passion. But I am a shoe passionate and can recognize brands and models in a single look. The same way I am good at guessing people’s sun sign. So I decided to have a bit of fun and put my knowledge to good use and match the zodiac sign with their respective shoes. While written with women in mind, men you may find something in her for you too!
Aries:Red shoes. Simple, clean straight forward line that allows the Arian girl to go from Point A to Point B in the fastest way. Think the red boots of Wonder Woman.
- Taurus: Practical, sturdy, well made, versatile, durable are some of the attributes a Taurus woman will look for in her shoes. Good quality for a good price. Something beautiful in leather and earth tones that can do double duty are a must. Picture Nanny McPhee.
- Gemini: The fun, flirty, chatty, trendy, charming side of a Gemini woman will be reflected in her choice of shoes. She will follow the latest trends and will always be wearing a pair that will be a conversation starter. Imagine Carrie Bradshaw’s shoe closet.
- Cancer: Your lunar nature wears your old favorites shoes until they fall apart. They feel comfortable, comfy and soothing in colors of the moon and the sea. The hard-shell nature of the Cancerian woman finds its perfect expression in the protection of boots, the toughest footwear to break through. Her tender nurturing side shows in her fuzzy wuzzy slippers.
- Leo: Show off, standout, sexy shoes are what the “Queen of the Jungle” requires of her shoes. High heels and stiletto in attention-grabbing gold color is a must so it can match the sunny side of her personality.
- Virgo: Like the other earth signs, Virgoans need practical serviceable shoes with superior craftsmanship. Think handmade with an eye for hidden details and earth tones. For these reasons, Virgo’s will have some of the most practical shoes known to man, such as comfy ballet flats and slide-on mules to simplify the many tasks that they undertake during an average day.
- Libra: Ruled by Venus, Libra women need dainty, feminine shoes in hues of blue, purple and lavender with lots of lace and floral prints. No heavy platforms or clogs for you.
- Scorpio: Sexy, sensuous footwear is a given for a Scorpio. Red, black, silver or white patent-leather, high-heeled, thigh-high boots. Case in point: Hale Berry as Catwoman!
- Sagittarius: “Shoes for the road” is Sagittarius motto. Always on the go, a Sagittarian needs comfy footwear that holds up to her adventurous side. Midnight blue, dark plum snazzy sneakers are sure to please any Sagittarian. Nike’s swoosh and tagline “Just do it” might have been invented with a Sagittarian in mind.
- Capricorn: Career shoes organized by color, height and purpose are the trademark of a Capricorn woman. Since Capricorn’s are somewhat practical, shoes in a classic, practical style in earth tones and/or black are an ideal choice. Ideally, a stable black pump in classic, durable leather will relay to the world that the wearer means business. The term “casual elegance” must have been coined for you. You like timeless shoes with subtle, stylish touches.
- Aquarius: Flip Flops are what Aquarians like to wear best! But they are not above wearing any style that is retro – think 1940’s era shoes, original canvas shoes featuring colorful peace signs, fun designs or eccentric colors. Electric blue, silver, off-white or almond are some of your favorite colors.
- Pisces: Pisces rule the feet. You’re the Cinderella of footwear, forever searching for the dreamiest glass slipper. Therefore, you dream of the latest jeweled, rhinestone-studded, jewels dangling flats that allow you to dance until the stroke of midnight.
Can you tell if this rings true? It might not for your sun sign, but you might see yourself reflected in your rising sign. As an Aries woman, I am not always attracted to red shoes. But my Pisces rising loves shinny flats.
If interested, contact me for additional fashion tips based on astrology! Fabienne@astro-brasil.com
Credits: Photos are from Flickr Creative Commons